Sunday, March 16, 2008

Single Shot Balloon Head.

I had a blast doing the single shot take exercise. Our group idea seemed like it would be really easy and funny to do during class when we worked on it, but when we finally got around to the actual production, it began to appear somewhat harder than it was.
No one really ever thought about the logistics of not being able to see when your head is a balloon, or how quickly a three people can swap a “smiley face” balloon with a Mr. Bill-esque “OH NO!” balloon, particularly when you only have a minute to shoot the footage.
But our group worked really well together, and I think we all had a blast doing it. We rehearsed the scene quite a few times at the ATM, and we got a lot of looks from people as they came to withdraw money (I would occasionally turn the big gigantic balloon head at them and stare).
Doing the project has made me come up with some more ideas to involve the character of BALLOON HEAD, and I am working on a new short film script to involve him, and to hopefully implement some greats ideas we all had but weren’t able to actually put into the finished film (notably if Balloon Head was filled with helium and could be carried around on a string).
Hopefully using some of the things I’ve learned, and some digital Fxs that can “erase” a human’s head, I can fully bring the Balloon Head to life.
Also, as I have the original film print of the short, I am thinking about painting the piece frame by frame to hopefully give it a strange, animated look.

No comments: