Sunday, April 27, 2008

6x1 ideas for next year possibly?

I've really enjoyed all the things we've done in class. However, with the exception of the light describing a cone piece, I would have liked to have made video installations around the school. I think that would be an excellent Self-Directed-Study (if that's what it's called).
I am a big fan of gallery art, particularly with installations. I think that should be focused on, using film techniques to create something that isn't exactly a movie. As a companion piece to this, I would also like to see some discussion of VJing. My brother plays electronic music and from time to time I have tried to create visuals to fit the music, and when everything comes together it looks fantastic and it's quite a lot of fun.
Students could VJ their projects in class (as the gear can be quite expensive) or for an audience or collaboration with a musical group. We did something similiar in Dr. Kreul's class last year with the film "Christmas on Earth" where the students could change the color that the film was projecting through to create really psychadelic FXs. I think video installations and VJing should be seriously looked at because I think it's going to be one of the dominant art forms in the future.

No comments: