Sunday, April 27, 2008

Final Project Ideas

For my final project I will use my camera to create a series of still pictures (each repeated 3 times a segment) to mimick the "video camera." I will print off each picture and make adjustments to it physically by drawing on it, or cutting things out and then running it back through a scanner. Hopefully when everything sinks up, it will give the appearance of movement. I've printed off a few things, and the whole process will be quite expensive. I'm looking at it like I'm almost "rotoscoping" imagery physically.
A scanner and a printer will be essential for this (and possibly a copying machine depending on how deep of contrast I'm going to try and achieve). The process will take a while so hopefully I can create a fairly lengthy project using this technique. I'm drawing on hand painting and "pixelation" to create the sense of movement.



This idea grew out of an extension of photocopying my face over and over and mimicking still video frames to create the sense of movement, but I believe that my way will ultimately be much more fast, certain, and cost effective.
I would probably use my cellphone but...I have no clue how to work it.

No comments: